In the wind tunnel
The key goal of wind tunnel testing is to reduce the resistance to speed. This is particularly relevant when competing against the clock, but also in allowing the rider to reduce the power cost of any type of riding.
Our AeroFocus session offers us the opportunity to assess rider body position, bike, equipment and clothing. We then make adjustments that reduce the area presented to the wind, or we modify the shape or surface characteristics to change the flow of air. The wind tunnel can operate at multiple wind angles, allowing more convincing insight into how real-life conditions affecting aerodynamics.
How it works
Our Aero Position service is aimed at riders wanting to explore and optimise their aerodynamic profile. Using our state-of-the-art Wind Tunnel, we investigate how changes in body position and equipment convert to improvements in speed on the road or track.
Your 2 hour session:
- Wind tunnel profiling and test runs: 90 min
- Setup and briefing
- Expert consultation and guidance for you and your event
- Baseline (current position) analysis
- Run-by-run guidance on positional or setup changes
- Within-run yaw sweep (cross-wind) and speed sweep (different wind speed capabilities)
- Access to equipment testing as required
- Gains quantification and on-the-road performance predictions
- Review, debrief and recommendations.
HUMAN PERFORMANCE SERVICES
Our packages are designed with a focus on finding real, measurable performance improvements on the bike for every athlete.
BIKE FIT OPTIMISATION
- 4 hours assessment in the Human Performance Studio
- Delivered by biomechanics and physiotherapy specialist
- Saddle pressure mapping
- Custom footbeds for optimal power at the pedal
- Pedalling biomechanics analysis
2 hours aero position session in the Sports Performance Wind Tunnel
Delivered by aerodynamic consultants
Access to test equipment with our market leading product partners
In-depth data report for post-session analysis and recommendations
Extra Wind Tunnel time available at £275.00 per hour
- 6 hours in-depth session across the Human Performance Studio and Wind Tunnel
- Delivered by physiotherapy and aerodynamic specialists
- Full assessment focusing on power, comfort, pedalling effectiveness, aerodynamics and overall efficiency
- In-depth data report for post-session analysis and recommendations
- Extra Wind Tunnel time available at £275.00 per hour.
* Performance targets to be agreed before the programme start
THE VORTEQ GUARANTEE
There is no single solution to suit everyone, when it comes to finding performance through position and fit on the bike. The overlapping factors between pedalling efficiency, biomechanical range, injury history and equipment all have an impact on what is optimum for each athlete as an individual.
Our Human Performance AeroPower session comes with our Vorteq Performance Guarantee, where we will promise to find your proven, measured performance improvement with a post-session data report.
The route to peak performance is rarely straight or smooth. Healthy riders can have uniquely individual factors that might limit their physiological function or impose biomechanical constraints on their position and setup. Our regular service products include aspects of screening that will identify most of the major factors, but there may be additional analyses required to investigate deeper into individual issues.
Our specialist investigations can explore and help you identify any such areas. We will work with you to create a bespoke solution, or, if needed and clinically appropriate, we can connect you with our specialist partners.
Combining Market Leading Equipment
with our in-house VORTEQ TECHNOLOGY
In order to get the best results out of your Human Performance session, we use the latest industry-leading R&D and technology, from brands specialising in sports performance optimisation, and combine with our own Vorteq developed tools and equipment.
No two athletes are the same, so programmes focused on finding performance shouldn’t be, either. The use of different equipment will be tailored to your session, based on your specific requirements.