Vorteq Human Performance Specialist
Vorteq Sports – based at the Silverstone Sports Engineering Hub (SSEH) in Northamptonshire – is a sports performance engineering and consultancy business, looking to grow its capabilities and potential in the world of sport. With the sports performance wind tunnel at SSEH, fabric manufacturing and 3D-printing facilities and new Human Performance studio, Vorteq is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and analysis capabilities.
The successful candidate will be supporting and delivering assessments to athletes all the way up to the highest levels of elite cycling and triathlon.
We are looking for an ambitious chartered physiotherapist with cycling-specific experience in delivery of client sessions. The position will be integral to the delivery of technical and scientific support services to clients, establishing programmes at Vorteq as the highest standard of science-driven service for helping athletes find measurable performance on the bike.
We expect you to have: a passion for cycling and all things performance; a strong degree-level education (or preferably higher) in physiotherapy; experience in conducting assessments for athletes and a talent for working with all sorts of people, engaging and motivating them to be the best they can be.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Support, plan and deliver a high standard of assessment for clients, maintaining professional communications at all time.
- Collaborate within the wider Vorteq team to ensure a joined-up and efficient service delivery across different technical areas.
- Help to ensure consumable stocks are well managed, sufficient and cost-effective, supporting with ordering and liaising with suppliers.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of data, analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to the behind-the-scenes development of the commercial offering and marketing of the Human Performance services I.E., the programmes and packages.
- Participate in or lead projects and applied research, to develop and retain knowledge, ideas and best practice.
- Attend and contribute to meetings as necessary to the role (and wider Vorteq business).
We are accepting full-time and part-time applications. Following the review process, we will be inviting candidates for an interview with a provisional role starting in Spring 2021. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.